Q: Car won't shift out of Park

The plastic rod that connects from the automatic shifter button to the linkage is broken. Whenever I try to shift out of Park, it doesn't do anything.

A: When you have broken parts in a shifter ass...

When you have broken parts in a shifter assembly, usually your best option is to find a good used one. The dealer is the only place to get new parts of this type and they are all individual. You can skip the tedious process of finding all the broken pieces, ordering them and trying to put it all together. If you would like this repaired, consider YourMechanic -- our mechanics provide diagnostics for your transmission issue at your home or office.