Q: Q: Car won't shift out of park.

My car won't move out of park. The car starts but all the lights are out on the dash except the radio and I can't move the shifter lever out of park. The windows, wipers, and radio are the only thing that is working. If I let the car run for a while the lights come back on and I was able to drive it. This has happened twice.

Hi there. The shifter interlock solenoid could be shorting out causing a draw on the vehicle. Turn the key on to the ’ON’ position and step on the brake pedal. Try putting the transmission in neutral. If the shifter will go into neutral, then start the car and watch the lights on the dash. If the lights are on, then the shifter interlock solenoid needs replaced. If the lights are still not working, then there is an issue with the wiring with the shifter and the lighting system. If you need further assistance with electrical issues, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Q: Car won't shift out of park.