Q: Car won't shift into any gear once warmerd up.

So when I drive my car for the first 15 minutes of my day after sitting over night she is fine but once warmed up my car won't go into any gear and also makes a weird grinding noise when I put my shifter into reverse. Please help thank you

Considering the age and low mileage of your 1986 Chevrolet Camaro, two simple things may help your situation.

1. Change the transmission fluid which 1986 is one of the odd years that GM specifies automatic transmission fluid rather than gear oil. Double check with your owners manual for the recommended fluid.

2. Bleed the clutch master cylinder and lines.

If you need some help with these services, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose the issue with your gears and service the above fluids I’ve mentioned. Good luck.