Q: Car won't move. I can start the car but when I put the shifter in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect. The car will not move.

The car will start but will not go into gear. I am able to physically put the shifter into all the gears but the car does not move. WHEN I put the car in 4th or 5th gear and let off the clutch, the speedometer shows the vehicle is going around 20mph. However the car itself is not moving. CLUTCH and master cylinder were replaced at 200k.

A: The transaxle is not engaging internally to...

The transaxle is not engaging internally to the axle shafts inside the transaxle or you have one or both axle shafts disengaged from the transaxle. The fact that the speedometer moves when gear is engaged and clutch is released shows the speed sensor in the transaxle is getting turned.

You will need to have the vehicle raised and the axles inspected for broke or stripped shafts. If the axles do not have anything visually wrong with them then hold one wheel and try to turn the other wheel while transaxle is in gear, with engine off, to see if the wheels are locked together. When you spin one wheel the other wheel should turn in the opposite direction. If it does not then the problem is in the transaxle differential gears and the transaxle would need to be removed and disassembled to find the broken internal components.

If you need some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose your acceleration issue and help make the necessary repairs to get you going again.