Q: Q: Car won't move

Car starts and also shifts gear smmothly but when put on Drive or Reverse it won't move. Could it be some part of the transmission or something else?

The problem could be in the transmission itself or another component. Something like the throttle switch, or switches, can be to blame as well. Modern cars have done away with throttle cables so there is no mechanical link from the gas pedal to the engine. Instead, there are sensors on the gas pedal and engine that talk to each other. The engine control unit will read the sensor on the gas pedal to determine how far you have pressed the pedal. The ecu will then tell the sensor on the throttle body how far to open based on your gas pedal input. If these sensors are not communicating with each other or the ecu, nothing will happen. The best way to start, is to have a certified technician look into why the vehicle does not move to isolate the exact cause. Electronic components are too expensive to replace at random. Find the exact cause first.

3. Q: Car won't move