Q: Car won't drive in gear - 2004 Ford Taurus

I was driving the other day and came to a stop. When I went to pull off, the car wouldn't drive. There wasn't any indications that something went wrong. I checked the trans fluid and the level is OK. What do you think the problem is?

A: Hello. If you have no forward gears AND no ...

Hello. If you have no forward gears AND no reverse, the torque converter pump drive has likely broken. If you have reverse, but no forward gears, this may be an internal valve or solenoid issue. I would have an expert come to your car to inspect the potential transmission issue so that this can be corrected.