Q: Car won't crank, dash lights do not come on, can't be jumped by booster pack.

The first time it died, I was driving at low speed and the engine cut out. When I tried to start it, the dash lights didn't come on as they normally do, radio and other lights worked fine. However 5 mins later it magically started. 2 days later, I was parked, car off, and had the same starting issue as before. But this time it didn't magically start. My friend was able to jump the car. Later on in the week, I had the same problem, but this time we could not get the car to jump start off my friends car. Tapped the starter, checked all the fuses of which were fine. Eventually it jump started after an hour of trying. Most recently, I drove 5 mins to the store and parked. I again had the same problem but this time was not able to jump it with a car or 3 different battery packs. Had to get it towed home. We've already replaced the alternator twice. The only thing that can get it started is an ac powered battery charger. But after it gets started, it's fine again for at least a couple days

A: Hi there. It sounds like you have a faulty ...

Hi there. It sounds like you have a faulty battery. It could have a bad cell or worn out. Perform a battery test with a digital battery tester that provides current voltage, cold cranking amps, and state of health. A battery with a very low state of health will produce the symptoms that you are having. When a battery is simply worn out, it is not able to hold a charge or hold one for very long and it can literally drain booster packs. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to determine if it truly is a failed battery and avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car does not start inspection.