Q: Car window came off track

The rear passenger's side window appears to have come off its track. The motor works; however, the window will not move up or down.

A: Hello. Typically if you can hear the motor ...

Hello. Typically if you can hear the motor running and the window is not moving, then the regulator has failed. I typically start by removing the door panel to check the regulator. If it is fine, then the window may have become loose from the track. If you are looking to have this repaired, consider using YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the window and have it repaired.

Recommended services
Get a Quote