Q: Car will start with key, but wipers, windows, and locks are not working

The car is almost as if it's in limp mode. Won't lock or unlock by remote. Also everything is not working. No wipers, no windows, or no locks

Hi, thanks for writing in. This sounds like one of two issues: a faulty alternator or an electrical system issue. Your alternator may not be sending sufficient voltage to the electrical system, causing your vehicles accessories to play dead. Use a multimeter to test its output voltage. These can be found at your nearest auto parts store. Alternators should always read higher than 14 volts. If the alternator is not the problem, I would recommend having a qualified technician who specializes in electrical systems diagnose the issue.

3. Car will start with key, but wipers, windows, and locks are not working