Q: Car will start but keeps cutting off 1976 Chevy Nova

I have a 2 barrel carburetor n my car wont stay cranked. It will start but it shut off

A: Hello - the stalling after starting problem...

Hello - the stalling after starting problem is either a problem with the carburetor - perhaps the float level - or the fuel pump may not be working properly. If you are able to keep the engine running (by pumping the accelerator pedal), then the fuel pump is probably OK, and the carb needs a rebuild. I would recommend a fuel system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.