Q: Car will start and idle but when I give it gas it struggles and almost dies out.

We have checked all the fuel lines and vacuum lines they are all clear and not leaking. The timing is right. Everything under the hood but the actual valves, lifters, etc under the valve cover is new. Including fuel pump, filter, water pump, injectors, fuel regulator, distributor cap, spark plug, wires, throttle body, EGR, etc. Pretty much replaced everything chasing the problem down. Catalytic converter is not the problem. Its a California model. It will idle all day long until you push the pedal down more than 300rpm. Thats when it stumbles and almost dies. It has a bit of popping sometimes and almost sounds like its gonna backfire but never does. Anyone have any advice? Im at my wits end on this car.

A: Hello. This can be caused by a number of th...

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. Though most of the time it is caused by a bad air flow sensor. When this sensor does not read correctly this will occur.

I usually install a scan tool and check the readings of the sensors. This will tell me what is going on. If you need help with these checks, consider getting some help from a certified mechanic, we can come to your home or office to diagnose your cars driving symptoms. Once this is done, the issue will be evident and an accurate repair can then be made to get your car running smoothly again.