Q: Car will not stay on after starting it sometimes

When I start the car up It run sometimes and stays started and sometimes it will turn off after I started up. Sometimes if the car is about to shut off I can press on the gas to keep it running but if I stop it shuts off

Hello, I’m curious if there are any problem codes set (they may or may not cause the Check Engine light to illuminate). If so, these will be helpful. Most auto parts stores will read these for you for free. I would check the idle control valve - may need to be cleaned or replaced. A leaking or open EGR valve will also cause poor low speed running and stalls. I would recommend having you car’s stalling condition inspected completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.