Q: Car will not start/no fuel - 1989 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL

I went outside to start up my car a few days ago, and it would not start. I can tell it’s not getting fuel. So I bought a new fuel pump and relay, but this didn’t do any good. It still will not start. I don’t know what to do next. Can you please give me some advice and suggestions?

If you are certain it is the fuel (i.e. you have confirmed good spark at the plugs), start with power to the fuses (fuel pump), then the fuel pump relay to follow the power path to the fuel pump. It’s also possible that the ignition switch, and any other safety interlocks present - like the oil pressure sensor (no oil pressure, no fuel pump power) may be a blocker. A professional mechanic, like a certified technician from YourMechanic, can help diagnose and repair your fuel pump and oil pressure sensor.