Q: Q: Car will not start

The first problem I had with my car was the lock cylinder. After replacing that and the ignition switch, the car still did not start. After charging the battery and even jumping the car, the car will not start. As I turn the key to try to start it, the car only makes a humming noise and the dashboard lights up for a second before nothing happens.

With a fully charged battery in good condition, and the immobilizer (security) system off - check to be sure the immobilizer is not activated - if the starter motor does not operate at that point, there are only two possibilities: 1) either there is no power to the starter motor/solenoid, or an excessive voltage drop, hence the entire starter circuit would have to be diagnosed; or 2) there is power but the starter/solenoid itself is bad and that includes intermittent operation which does happen. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic determine which of these is the issue, and get it resolved, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: Car will not start