Q: Q: Car will not start

I cleaned the corrosion from the terminals but the car will still not start. The dash board lights come on and it makes a tapping sound when I start it. Two weeks ago, a mechanic replaced the power steering pump, belt and pulley.

The first thing you could do is have that mechanic come out and verify the work done is not causing the no start. However, it sounds like a starter or battery causing the problem, but if the belt came off then that will cause it to not charge the battery. If you would like a second independent mechanic to take a look, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to come to your home or office to diagnose the no start issue in person.

3. Q: Car will not start