Q: Car will not move. When I try to drive, it starts up and wants to try to go forward, but it just won't. What might the problem be?

I own a 1998 ford mustang v6-3.8L i was driving down i24 and all of a sudden i heard a loud clunk then i couldn't put the vehicle in gear it just grinded the gear i pulled over and I tried to take off but the vehicle just won't move it doesn't even move when sitting in neutral but it rolls when I push in the clutch what might the problem be please help

Hi there. The clunk that you heard and the grinding sound came from the transmission. The noise was a gear breaking a tooth off and causing the transmission to no longer engage the teeth from the main shaft to the counter shaft inside the transmission. Also the synchronizer could have chipped off a tooth causing the gears to lock up and grind. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your transmission issue.

3. Car will not move. When I try to drive, it starts up and wants to try to go forward, but it just won't. What might the problem be?