Q: Car will not move. When I try to drive, it starts up and wants to try to go forward, but it just won't. What might the problem be?

I own a 1998 ford mustang v6-3.8L i was driving down i24 and all of a sudden i heard a loud clunk then i couldn't put the vehicle in gear it just grinded the gear i pulled over and I tried to take off but the vehicle just won't move it doesn't even move when sitting in neutral but it rolls when I push in the clutch what might the problem be please help

3. Car will not move. When I try to drive, it starts up and wants to try to go forward, but it just won't. What might the problem be?