Q: Car will not fully start

My freestyle will not stay on. It will turn over and with me pumping the gas pedal will start. However as soon as it starts it shuts off. What could his be?

Hi there:

In most cases when the car won’t start unless you apply throttle it is caused by a faulty fuel pump or fuel pump relay. However, it could also be a fuel injector or throttle body that is clogged with carbon deposits that simply needs to be cleaned or an air filter to be replaced. The best way to diagnose this problem is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. Car will not fully start