Q: Car will not crank until pulling a spark plug out from behind passenger tire - 1996 Chevrolet S10

My 1996 chevy s10 truck was missing al ot, replaced ignition coil, throttle sensor, spark plugs, wires,(last year) distributor, still missing now will not crank unless pull spark plug out from behind passenger tire

Hi there. Identifying the lack of cranking has priority over these other issues. It appears, from the information provided, the engine is possibly hydrostatically locking: the engine is not capable of compressing liquid. When the spark plug is removed, identifying the liquid in the cylinder is key. Coolant/antifreeze in the cylinder would lead me to believe the head gasket is blown. No liquid in the cylinder would lead me to believe there is piston and/or connecting rod failure.

Gasoline/fuel in the cylinder would lead me to believe that the fuel injector is stuck open dumping fuel into the cylinder. Before spending more money replacing parts, I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car will not crank and suggest any needed repairs.

• Car will not crank until pulling a spark plug out from behind passenger tire - 1996 Chevrolet S10