Q: Car will not crank

So two weeks ago my car went into limp mode and I continue to drive it because I couldnt afford to fix it. I drove under 45-50 and then today it died on the way home. Then I cranked it back up, but it had a oil light when it died. Then 15 minutes later it died again and wouldn't crank. So I checked oil it barely had any. So I out 3qrts in and it still won't crank . It sounds like it wants to but it still will not turnover. I don't know what to do.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. From what you are explaining the engine may have seized. I typically start by trying to crank the engine over by hand to see if it will move. If it will not then the engine will need to be replaced. If it will move then I usually check to see if the engine has compression. If the engine did not seize then the timing belt may have broke. If you want to have this no start checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. Car will not crank