Q: Car will not accelerate when pulling out slow

Car makes no noise when pulling out will not increase speed driving will not go over 50. Had been doing fine before

A: The transmission of your Sunfire is definit...

The transmission of your Sunfire is definitely going into "limp mode," which is second gear only for this vehicle. Your Check Engine Light may also be illuminated; if so, get the codes scanned. They are relevant to this failure. There are a number of Technical Service Bulletins that talk about common transmission valve body problems with this car’s transmission, any number of which result in "limp mode." This may not buy you any reduced cost at the dealer for this repair, however. If so, getting a second opinion from a reputable transmission shop, or from a professional at YourMechanic, may be a good investment in order to diagnose the acceleration issue.