Q: Ignition coil

The engine is trying to turn over, and it sounds as if its almost there, but it never catches. Battery seems fine. I did manage to get it started once, but then it died right away. Maybe fuel filter/fuel pump? I did, earlier this week, have an episode where the car was acting mildly as if it had a clogged fuel filter.

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like an ignition coil pack that may be failing. Ignition coils are prone to this type of erratic functioning or heat cycling when they are beginning to fail due to the temperature fluctuations under the hood which ultimately cause them to shut down causing the car to only run after cooling down for 30-40 minutes. Ignition coils are coated with a varnish-like insulation that becomes brittle over time after being stretched then contracted repeatedly The insulation develops small fractures that open when heated and close when cooled. When open, they allow shorting of coil windings and decrease or eliminate the coil’s ability to function. This process will repeat itself continuously until the coil ultimately fails completely and must be replaced. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your ignition system.