Q: Car was broken into and had to replace ignition switch by a lock smith. The car turns over but will not start. Why

I have a 2002 chevy Malibu. It was broken into. Could not turn key. Ignition was locked. Had ignition switch changed by lock smith. Car turns over but still will not start. Why?
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there:

There are several issues that could be happening with your 2002 Chevrolet Malibu. First and most obvious is if the locksmith did not remove the battery cables prior to completing this work, it’s more than likely that an electrical relay or fuse has broken and needs to be replaced. Second, it happens occasionally where a ground wire will not be properly installed; or third; that the lock used is not contacting with the ignition system for some reason. The best thing you can do is have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car will not start inspection; so they can determine what is damaged and recommend the right repairs be completed.

• Car was broken into and had to replace ignition switch by a lock smith. The car turns over but will not start. Why