Q: Car won't switch gears properly only reverse and manually.

I was driving on freeway going about 70 no problem only weird thing is windshield wipers wouldnt work for a couple mins. Got off freeway stopped at ligjt car wouldnt go forward but it reversed fine and went forward when i put it on manual. Took to shop mechanic test drove it went finr in reverse drove good in manual he went about 40mph then put in drive it was ok but he said it skipped gear in drive like it went to neutral. He plugged up diagnostic thing to my car it read no powertrain dtcs is presently stored in the vehicle computers. No lights on in car please help thanks

3. Car won't switch gears properly only reverse and manually.