Q: Car won't switch gears properly only reverse and manually.

I was driving on freeway going about 70 no problem only weird thing is windshield wipers wouldnt work for a couple mins. Got off freeway stopped at ligjt car wouldnt go forward but it reversed fine and went forward when i put it on manual. Took to shop mechanic test drove it went finr in reverse drove good in manual he went about 40mph then put in drive it was ok but he said it skipped gear in drive like it went to neutral. He plugged up diagnostic thing to my car it read no powertrain dtcs is presently stored in the vehicle computers. No lights on in car please help thanks

Hi there. Check the battery and make sure that it has a full charge. If the battery has a full charge, then check the harness to the transmission and make sure that its plugged in all the way. If the transmission is connected properly then check all of the ground wires on the engine and the chassis. Make sure that all of the wires are tight and clean. A bad ground or a loose wire will cause the electrical system to act up and malfunction. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your electrical issues.

3. Car won't switch gears properly only reverse and manually.