Q: Car vibrates at idle, worsened with AC on and in warmer weather.

A few months ago I hit a curb with my automatic 2013 Honda CVR. Since then, my car vibrates enough to make me nauseous whenever it is not moving. I got it checked, they said it is most likely caused by a little bit of a bend in the frame, though the frame itself doesn't vibrate much, instead the engine shakes very visibly.

The vibrating gets worse whenever the AC is on, though is still there when it is off. It ceases mostly whenever it is in park/neutral, and is worse whenever it is in reverse (and stopped). Also, it gets worse with warmer weather. I noticed that when stopped if I switch from drive to neutral it will almost completely cease for a short time before coming back (though not as bad since it's in neutral). Also, there is a fast ticking sound coming from the engine area (don't know if it is the engine), which I don't remember being there before. As I press down the gas the vibration quickly ceases and the ticking sound gets faster until it is indistinguishable.

Hi there. Check the engine and transmission mounts to see if they are broken from hitting the curb. The engine will shake very harsh if the mount is not holding the engine or transmission properly. When the a/c is on, the engine has a heavy load on the engine and makes the engine vibrate more. With the engine or transmission mount damaged, the vibrations from the power plant will send through the cab. Try putting the transmission in neutral when stopped. If the vibrations relax and lessen, then I recommend replacing the engine or transmission mounts. If you need further assistance with your engine vibrating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.