Q: Car turns off while driving

Hello I have a Jeep grand Cherokee Laredo 1996 6.0 L cylinder, and I have gotten and tune up and changed my spark plugs , ignition coil , catalytic converter , oxygen premium sensor, and my fuel filter but yet when It turns it on in the morning its still stalling a little and sometimes it cuts off on me while I'm driving it. Like I have wait 20 minutes sometimes and let it warm up but it still does it sometimes even when I already let it warm up. what happens is my check gages light comes on and the steering wheel locks up so I will have to pull over it use to give me time to pull over but now it just shuts off while driving then when I to start it back it will be stalling a minute and take one till three times to start back up but then it gets flooded super quick when do that. So also I would have to let it sit for like 20 minutes just letting it get back right but usually after that it starts right up. so can anyone tell me what they think is going on before I just put more money in

The stalling you are experiencing may because by the crankshaft position sensor or a failing distributor which has a camshaft position sensor inside. During the no start, if there is a lack of spark, these sensors may be at fault. A technician can also check fuel pressure just to make sure the fuel pump is working properly. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and perform a few checks on your stalling condition in order to offer a more personal diagnosis.

Hello. Engine stalling can be caused by many different things. If the engine appears to be flooding then I would start with the ignition and engine management systems. It may be possible that one of the components from these systems has failed and needs to be replaced. A bad ignition coil or crank position sensor can cut off spark to the engine, which may result in the symptoms you are experiencing. If the stalling is intermittent, comes and goes, then there could also be a wiring issue present, perhaps to one of these components. If waiting for a certain period of time allows the vehicle to start back up then the problem could possibly be temperature or heat related, which would point in a similar direction, in terms of components to look at. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what the cause of your stalling may be](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-stalling-inspection).

3. Car turns off while driving