Q: Car turning off when being driven

My car starts, and you can drive it, but it keeps turning off.

Hi there. If the engine is turning off at random times then it is almost always a crank position sensor problem. This is a common issue. I diagnose this by installing a computer scan tool to see if the crank speed is lost when the engine turns off. If it is lost then the crank sensor needs to be replaced. If it only turns off at idle then the throttle body may just be dirty and causing this. If you need to have the vehicle fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose why your car is stalling.