Q: Car tries to start when plugging up the battery

Is it the ignition switch that makes it try to start on its own.

With an issue like this, you may have several issues. The ignition switch should not allow the connection to be made without the key being in the start position. This means you likely have a starter wire crossed or shorted before the ignition switch. You will want to trace these wires and find where there are exposed wires, or something plugged into a terminal incorrectly. Certain vehicles are also equipped with a second battery for an alarm remote start system. The systems batteries can die and cause this to happen as well.

3. Car tries to start when plugging up the battery