Q: Car takes time to get in gear

When pressing on the gas from a stop, my car takes time to pick up the gear. Once it picks up the gear, the car jerks pretty hard. Is the transmission gear slipping?

A: That could be an indication that the transm...

That could be an indication that the transmission is starting to go bad. Here are a few things to check first. Check the fluid level with the car on a level surface, engine running, and in Park. If it working OK, check for a broken engine or transmission mount. 1998-2002 Accords are known to have premature transmission failure. I would have a qualified mechanic from YourMechanic come out and diagnose your gear shifting problem.