Q: Car takes time to get in gear

When pressing on the gas from a stop, my car takes time to pick up the gear. Once it picks up the gear, the car jerks pretty hard. Is the transmission gear slipping?

That could be an indication that the transmission is starting to go bad. Here are a few things to check first. Check the fluid level with the car on a level surface, engine running, and in Park. If it working OK, check for a broken engine or transmission mount. 1998-2002 Accords are known to have premature transmission failure. I would have a qualified mechanic from YourMechanic come out and diagnose your gear shifting problem.