Q: Car takes off out of nowhere

Im having difficulty figuring out whats wrong with my car. When i go reverse then stop, turn the wheel all the way left or right then push the gas the rmp rises but car wont go then all of a sudden It takes off out of no where. What can It be?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2005 Honda Civic. This is a sign of a transmission torque converter problem. First, check to be sure you have the right amount of transmission fluid as this can cause the delay you are referring to if there is not enough transmission fluid in it. Be sure not to overfill it as this will also cause other problems. There is also a solenoid that operates the shifting process in your car as well that is at times known to fail. If this happens, it can cause the delayed reaction as you describe as well. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and refill your transmission fluid if needed.