Q: car suddenly won't crank just makes grinding noise

So I started my car and it started perfectly no wierd sounds or anything then I backed up out of my garage amd turned the car off cause the key is needed to close my garage well got back in the car to turn it on and it wouldn't crank just made grinding noises everytime I tried.

In all likelihood, the starter has failed. It could be a tooth broke off the starter drive gear or the shaft is not extending fully to make proper contact with the flywheel. If either of these happen, the metal drive gear against the metal flywheel will make a loud metallic sound. Have a certified technician inspect the vehicle to verify the cause and replace the starter if needed.