Q: Car suddenly switches to traction control. 2005 Lincoln Zephyr

I have a very serious problem occurring lately. While I'm driving either on the highway at higher speeds or I'm driving in the city traffic with a lot of stopping and going, the car would suddenly switch to traction control. I then have to restart the car to be able to continue driving. I would like to fix this permanently--what should I do?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Lincoln Zephyr. Vehicle software selects traction control typically because sensors detect tire "slippage" (or differences in wheel rotation speed). This "false trigger" can be as simple as an under-inflated tire, or possibly a bad wheel speed sensor. I recommend that you have an expert take a look at your tires and wheels to determine what services are needed to address the Traction Control problem.