Q: Car stuffs off while driving and steering wheel barely turns... car turns back on after

My car just suddenly stops while driving the steering wheel gets stiff I can barely turn it when car shuts off. Usually it starts back up after it shuts off could it be my camshaft position sensor?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi Larrone. Typically when a camshaft position sensor is faulty, it will prohibit the vehicle from starting at all. What is possible however is that the harness connected to this sensor might be loose - causing inconsistent operation. If you can restart the vehicle quickly after it stalls however, it’s probably fuel system related. When the vehicle stalls, it will impact the steering function of the vehicle as you’ve described, so I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car starts then dies inspection, so they can determine the root source of this problem and complete the right repairs.

3. Car stuffs off while driving and steering wheel barely turns... car turns back on after