Q: Car stops at light or wont turn on

My neon will turn on fine and run untill l wait more than 20 to 30 secs and will turn off on me

Hello. If the vehicle is stalling and will restart then it may have an idle control valve issue or possibly a dirty throttle body. If the vehicle stalls and then will not start for some time, then it may have a failing crankshaft position sensor or it may be a fuel system issue.

I usually start by installing a scan tool to see if there are any codes in the system. If not, then I make sure that the crank sensor is reading correctly and replace it if it is not. If it is fine, then the net step would be to see if fuel pressure is dropping off when this occurs indicating a circuit or pump issue or possibly something else. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the stalling problem.