Q: Car stops at high speed, stalls at stops, trouble starting. 1997 Geo Metro

My car ocassionally has difficulty starting up. Also, when I'm driving at higher speeds it would stop out of the blue. When I'm about to bring it to a halt, the car would shut off completely. What might be causing this?

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 1997 Geo Metro. This sounds like inadequate fuel supply or a low fuel pressure issue. Both of these could be caused by a clogged fuel filter, or a failing fuel pump. If you would like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the stalling issue and perform appropriate repairs.

• Car stops at high speed, stalls at stops, trouble starting. 1997 Geo Metro