Q: Car stopped running when driving and could not put the shifter in gear to move the car.

The car was squealing and sputtering then it died i pulled over to the shoulder and put it in park all the lights worked i tried to start the car again and it wouldn't start i then tried to put it in neutral to push it off the road but i couldn't press the brakes to put it in gear what could be the issue

The issue seems to be the battery in your car. The battery has lost power and is making all of the functions fail in the car. I recommend replacing the battery and rechecking the condition. Then check the alternator and see if its charging the battery. If the alternator is not charging, then I recommend replacing the alternator. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Car stopped running when driving and could not put the shifter in gear to move the car.