Q: Car stopped going into gear last night, any gear, and reverse had stopped working about a day or two prior. Please help!

There is a problem within the clutch, whether it be plates or cylinders I'm not sure, but it stopped going into gear last night and prior to that you weren't able to go into reverse at all. Had to putt home in second gear a couple times because first would slip and you could not take off unless you were in second. Also there are no signs of leakage. Please help! Thanks.

The first thing you want to do is check the Hydraulic Fluid Level. The Audis usually use the Brake master cylinder reservoir for the clutch fluid as well. A short hose off to the side supplies the clutch master. If the car stopped going into gear because the clutch wasn’t releasing, It’s most likely a hydraulic problem. What doesn’t fit however is the idea that the clutch is slipping. Hydraulic problems usually don’t manifest as slippage, so there might be a problem in the pressure plate. If that’s the case, you have probably been noticing a change in the "feel" of the clutch pedal. Whatever has been going on, it sounds like you need a little bit of on the spot guidance. A call to YourMechanic, can bring a technician to your home to check out your clutch and help you figure out what to do.

• Car stopped going into gear last night, any gear, and reverse had stopped working about a day or two prior. Please help!