Q: Car still overheats after new thermostat & waterpump, heater blows cold

Car ran hot. Local shop changed thermostat, waterpump, & rad cap. Heater blows cold. Bottom rad hose cool, top hose hot. Coolant in tank bubbles.runs smooth. No oil/water mix.

A: Hi there. The first thing that comes to min...

Hi there. The first thing that comes to mind is the cooling system was not properly diagnosed and/or the cooling system was not properly bled, after repairs were performed. A cooling system flush could resolve the air trapped issue. I would think, the repair shop would be willing to take another look at your vehicle’s overheating issue at no charge, given the vehicle was returned to you supposedly fixed. The bubbles in the coolant could be the result of a head gasket concern, even though there is no oil/water mix. A combustion leakage test should be performed. I recommend having your vehicle’s overheating issue be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.