Q: Car starts then dies

I turn the ignition half about 3-4 times for about 15 seconds each to here the humming of the fuel line being filled, then I fully turn the ignition key it word start up for maybe 1 or 2 seconds the cut off

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a problem with the fuel system maintaining consistent fuel pressure once the motor starts. This may be a sign of a faulty fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. As you know, when you turn the key to on, the fuel pump is activated and the fuel system is primed with fuel at a specific pressure in order to supply the fuel injectors with enough fuel to start the motor. When this is less than what is needed in order for the motor to fire or in some cases higher than normal, you may notice an erratic fluctuation in engine RPMs or hard starting. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your fuel system.

3. Car starts then dies