Q: Car starts to overheat when the A/C is turned on, but it is fine when it is turned off.

Car normally marks half way on the heat gauge when running. But when I turn the AC on the car slowly starts to heat up and eventually will overheat. There are no coolant leaks. What could be the problem?

The issue is either the compressor clutch is failing or the compressor is low on oil and is seizing up on the air conditioning system. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you troubleshoot your air conditioning compressor.

3. Car starts to overheat when the A/C is turned on, but it is fine when it is turned off.