Q: Car starts good then shuts off

A couple months back when i was at a red light or stop i pressed on the gas the car stalled and felt like it was gonna turn off . A week ago i was driving and the car shook and just turned off. When i start it it sounds really loud and takes off so fast then turns off . Now as of today it turns on perfect still sounds loud and turns off right away doesnt even allow it to go at all just keeps turning off.

An engine stalling diagnostic, which you can schedule through YourMechanic, would pinpoint the cause of the stalling. Among the possibilities are a plugged fuel filter, fuel pump malfunction or blocked pump strainer, significant vacuum leak including stuck open EGR valve, and/or faults in engine sensors. Inasmuch as the stalling you are describing having sounds fairly severe and is occurring consistently, the Mechanic should be able to pin down the cause readily during the engine stalling diagnostic.