Q: Car starts fine every time then instantly begins dying although it tries to keep running and rev back up. Dies in less than 10 sec

My 1999 GMC Sierra was driving fine, went down freeway and everything. Then i made a quick stop about a block from my house. I made it back but it felt like my car was sputtering like the one time (6 years ago) I ran out of gas. I try to start my car and, so far, every time it starts right up but then begins to stall a second or two after. It will try to rev back up and stay on but always stalls within 10 seconds. All electrical stays on and working.

There are a number of things that may cause the vehicle to stall while driving. This can happen for any number of reasons such as fuel supply issues such as a bad fuel pump, vacuum leaks, electrical faults or various sensors failing. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle using a scanning tool, which will help to more specifically narrow down what may be causing your vehicle to stall.

3. Car starts fine every time then instantly begins dying although it tries to keep running and rev back up. Dies in less than 10 sec