Q: car starts and runs for about 5 seconds then dies

car has set for about 7 years pulled and cleaned tank replaced sending unit pump and fuel filter now car starts but wont keep running

With the age and that it sat for 7 years, whatever fuel remained in the fuel lines and injectors, may have ruined one or all of the injectors. Also the fuel pressure regulator may have failed. You may be able to rent a fuel pressure tester kit from a local parts store. Connect that to the fuel rail and check pressure. It should be in the 35-45psi range. If lower, than it may be the regulator. If you find you are needing to replace any of these parts, ie. fuel injectors or fuel pressure regulator a certified technician from YourMechanic has the expertise to complete these jobs and will come to your home or office.