Q: Car starting problem

Hi, I have vauxhall vectra 2008 1.9 diesel, my car starts giving me staring problem it's crank too long to get start, I done tech2 from vauxhall & they said problem is with glow plugs & throttle body I have changed both but still probably is there, plz help me to fix this problem, I can send you car starting video to hear the car crank sound..thanks

The problem may lie within the fuel system. Most vehicles have whats called an anti-drainback valve. It prevents fuel from draining back into the fuel tank when the vehicle sits for a while. Start the vehicle, shut it off, then try to start it again right away. If it starts normally, the anti-drainback valve could bee the issue.

Some diesel engines have two fuel pumps. One is a lift pump that is a low pressure pump designed to feed a higher pressure pump. If the lift pump is faulty, You may be relying on the high pressure pump to pull the fuel from the tank, rather than having it pumped up.

Refer to the factory service manual for test procedures and specifications. A certified technician should be able to test these components if you need assistance and verify the cause of your starting concern.

3. Car starting problem