Q: Car starting, dying, and not staying on

Car starts fine, but then it dies out, and won't stay on. I think it could possibly be a fuel filter.

A: It sounds like a fuel pressure issue. A clo...

It sounds like a fuel pressure issue. A clogged fuel filter could be the cause, but could also be the injection pump. Diesel engines have a pump that transfers fuel from the tank, through the fuel filter, and to the injection pump. The injection pump increases the fuel pressure to extreme pressures into the injectors. A technician such as one from YourMechanic could diagnose whether you are having a low side or high side pressure issue.