Q: Q: car starting

hi, so one night i drove to the grocery store, was in the store for no longer than 10 minutes. so i get to my car and it wouldn't start. the electronics in my car were working, lights, radio, etc. my friend came to pick me up and we attempted to jump it but neither of us were certain how to jump a car and only had the cars connected for about 3 minutes. so we left it there overnight. came back the next day, and came back in the morning and tried to start it, but no luck, just a single clicking noise. we then connected the cars for about 10 minutes and my car wouldn't start while connected to the car. so i sat in the car for about 5-10 minutes on the phone. i tried starting the car again and it started. so now my question is do i need to fix something? was my battery probably just dead? do cars randomly just die and need to be jumped?

The vehicle may have an intermittent connection issue with the start circuit. If the problem continues you may have to have the computer tested and then connections to all the modules disconnected and checked. Dielectric lube should be added to the connections to stop corrosion from causing bad connections. I would recommend getting you car looked at by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose what caused the starting issue in the first place to prevent this from happening again. Good luck.

3. Q: car starting