Q: Car starting and then stalling.

My car starts, but then it cuts off. It might possibly be the fuel filter.

A: Hello. A fuel filter is a reasonable soluti...

Hello. A fuel filter is a reasonable solution to take into consideration. Though a clogged fuel filter will often keep a vehicle from starting, a partially clogged filter may allow enough fuel for the engine to start and not enough volume to support a running motor. Fuel delivery is important as well as air metering. Proper idle air control, and air metering, are important as the engine's computer relies on these values to keep the engine running. Have a trained technician, like the ones we have here at YourMechanic, come out to inspect your vehicle.