Q: Car stalls while driving like once a month. Now the stalling out is happening a lot.

I used to be able to pop the clutch at 50 mph and it would re-start. Not anymore. After I waited 2 or 3 mins, it would start up again, no prob for another month, now it's every day. Now it can happen 2 to 3 times a day. When it stalls, it's stalls in a micro second, super fast, it's like someone hit a light switch. Any ideas? Thanks, Rob

A: Hi there. "Bump starting" a car i...

Hi there. "Bump starting" a car is much more difficult than it used to be in previous years. It’s also more dangerous to internal ignition components including the crankshaft position sensor. Although it’s difficult to tell you exactly why you’re car won’t start now, it’s possibly an issue with your crankshaft position sensor or the cam sensor that helps the ignition system factor ignition timing. The best way to know for certain what’s causing the issues with your Honda Prelude is to contact a professional mechanic and have them complete a Check Engine Light inspection. Even if the light is not illuminated on the dash, this inspection will permit a professional mechanic to determine why your car is having stalling issues.