Q: Car stalls unless pressing gas for 5 minutes, stutters whle accelerating or pressing/releasing clutch

When I start my car, it stalls unless I get my foot on the gas for five minutes. Once I get it going, it stutters as I accelerate or when I'm pressing or releasing the clutch. Any thoughts?

The first thing you should do is watch my video "how to fix a car that idles poorly." Just cleaning the throttle assembly with a throttle cleaner and maybe the MAF sensor with the MAF sensor cleaner can often fix a problem like that.

If it doesn’t, you might have a vacuum leak. I’ve got a video for that "finding engine vacuum leaks with a cigar." You can try that. It could be a vacuum leak. Those are the most common ones. Pray it’s that and not something going on with the electronic fuel injection system. But if it is an issue with the electronic fuel injection system, you can also try my video "how to clean fuel injection system on a car" because a clogged one will often cause stalling and the injector can be cleaned.

If you want to have a professional take care of all this for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s hard starting issue and perform any necessary repairs.

3. Car stalls unless pressing gas for 5 minutes, stutters whle accelerating or pressing/releasing clutch