Q: Car stalls everytime I try to start and go. I've just installed a new Bosch petrol pump

My VW Polo 2007 recently just stalled when I tried to start and smells like petrol after the third or fourth attempt. Can you please advise what I should do?

Hello, thanks for writing in. If you are getting a fuel smell with a no start problem then most of the time it is because the engine is not getting spark. It may have a circuit failure for the ignition coils. This would need to be tested with a voltage meter. Prior to doing this I would scan the computer for codes first to see if anything comes up indicating what the problem is. It can also be caused by an internal failure causing no compression. If you want to have this no start repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

• Car stalls everytime I try to start and go. I've just installed a new Bosch petrol pump