Q: car stalls

the car has a rough time starting and when it does runs really rough then stalls and when it turns on it doesnt mark the rpm and cluster stays as if still just with ignition on .note the car had an engine swap

In order to keep running efficiently, the engine requires a constant flow of gasoline and good spark to keep that fuel igniting. If gasoline is not readily available, or if there is not enough spark, the engine will quit. More modern vehicles with sophisticated computers may affect the way the vehicle runs. These computers help the car run efficiently but can also shut a car down if the fuel/air mixture is not correct. While an older vehicle may be less sophisticated and easier to diagnose, the computers on modern cars can provide more specific information when connected to a code scanner/reader through a car starts then dies inspection.